Content Strategy Services
When you’re first starting out with content creation, the creative juices are flowing. You have all sorts of ideas on the kinds of topics you want to tackle.
While your intuition and audience input will give you plenty to work with at the start, you may reach a point where you run out of ideas. It’s not that there’s a finite amount of things to talk or write about. It’s just that it can hard to find novel and original ways to tackle similar subject matter when you’re fully entrenched in it day after day.
That’s why many brands come to me to help with content brainstorming and strategy. They know what they want to cover on their blog, vlog, podcast, or social media. But they need someone with fresh eyes to come in and help with the planning side of things.
What Sort of Content Strategy Services Do You Need?
In order for content marketing to be successful, there needs to be an ongoing strategy that powers it. How in-depth that strategy is depends on what kinds of content you produce, how frequently you publish, as well as what your goals are.
My recommendation? Start off with basic brainstorming and see how that works out for you.
If you feel good about outsourcing just that tiny bit of your content strategy, then stick with it. If you feel like you’d benefit from more, then upgrade to one of the other monthly packages.
Before the monthly brainstorming sessions can begin, we’ll need a content strategy. If you don’t already have one, that’s what I’ll work on here.
Your content strategy will include:
- A summary of the competitive landscape (i.e. what your competition is creating content about and what’s the most popular with your shared audience)
- A list of major trends in your industry
- Top keywords that your competition’s content is ranking for
- A summary of what your content hub (be it a blog, podcast, or something else) is all about
- A list of 5-10 categories to create content around
- SEO summaries for your content hub as well as each of those categories
- A list of 10-20 topics to get you started
I’ll review this content strategy with you in a one-time session to ensure that we’ve covered all of the necessary bases.
My monthly brainstorming services include the following:
- Research what’s happening in your industry and business
- Review currently trending topics
- Submission of 5-10 topics at the start of each month
- Pitch headlines and short summaries of custom topics that play into trends but will be entirely your own
- Each proposed topic will fit neatly into one of your content categories (whether I come up with them or you provide me with them)
*Invoice will not exceed 2 hours
Every good piece of content begins with an outline. Whether you’re doing the writing yourself or handing it off to a freelance writer, you’re going to need an outline to help you flesh out the main talking points.
This is something a writer can come up with. However, if you need some help with this — especially if SEO is a goal — I can help with this.
For every approved topic you give me, you’ll receive the following:
- 2-3 headline options
- Suggested focus keyword
- 150-word summary that can be used as an excerpt and/or meta description
- Content outline
- Recommended header tags (with relevant keywords included)
- Notes on where to place internal links and how many to include
- Notes on external sources you might want to link to
Ready to Create a Winning Content Strategy?
In all my years of writing, I’ve learned that the secret to creating high-quality content that your audience and the search engines love is to have a strong strategy behind it.
If you have further questions about my content strategy services, fill out my contact form. Otherwise, fill out the form below to get started!