How to Write SEO Content and Get Better and More Traffic to Your Site
Designing a website that’s superficially “perfect” — meaning it looks good, runs fast, and is secure — is good and all, but it’s not enough. If you want to attract the right visitors to your site and get them to convert (i.e. subscribe, contact, buy, etc.), then you first need to get Google to take notice.
This SEO course is for anyone who wants to build their own WordPress website and actually see results from it. In other words, you want it to rank well in search without having to pay a web developer, marketer, or copywriter a lot of money to make it happen. And you want people to read your copy and think, “This is just what I’ve been looking for!”.
I’m going to help you do that.
In today’s course, you will learn:
- How to create an SEO page template you can use over and over again.
- The key parts of the page to optimize for search.
- How and why to add a focus keyword to each page.
- What link building does for your domain authority.
- How to leverage the Yoast plugin and let it show you where to improve your SEO.
- Why you need to keep your website updated with fresh content.
In the end, you will have a template you can use to create the rest of the content — web pages and blog posts — on your website.
Here’s What You Need to Get Started
Before you begin this course, make sure you have the following:
- A WordPress website that’s optimized with search-friendly plugins
- The Yoast SEO plugin installed on your site
- The Duplicate Page plugin
You’ll also need a clear understanding of what this class is and is not:
You’re not going to learn search engine optimization. It can take years of practice to get SEO done. Plus, Google is always changing the rules, so it’s pretty much a lifelong commitment.
What you will learn is how to create great content for your site. This means two things. First, that visitors can easily read your content. Second, that Google’s indexing bots can easily scan it.